Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wrapping Things Up

It appears I spoke a bit too soon in my last posting, as we have since received snow and low temps here in West Michigan. The timing was okay though, as I've had plenty of mechanical items to finish up. The largest of these being transferring my collection of 4-track recordings into the digital realm. Tonight will mark the end of the transfer process as my last tape is running now. A tape full of orphaned guitar riffs.

Most of the items I've come across haven't been worthy of sharing with the masses, but they have succeeded in bringing me back to a simpler time. The main idea was to preserve history, so that someday I can look back and reminisce, much like I have been the last few weeks. I'm sure some clips will surface online in the near future, I just need to finish trimming and normalizing the files.

With a slightly longer weekend coming up, I hope to begin sharing a few pieces of this history, along with a new track recently finished for a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment