Thursday, April 14, 2011

Breaking the Silence

Despite how it may seem, there have been a number of things going on. From an artist standpoint, I've been doing fairly well. Tracks have been written, templates have been shaped, programs have been updated, my library has been condensed, the studio has been organized, my workstation has been upgraded, old projects are being properly archived and backed up...

Of course few of you would know this, as I have been doing a less than optimal job of keeping everyone informed.

There are reasons, of course, for holding off on announcements in my musical world. One important reason that comes to mind is non-disclosure agreements. I actually completed a project with one just last week. Another hold up revolves around the approval of compositions. I'm not much for sharing incomplete work, which basically is what I have before I receive approval. This isn't as relevant for solo work, but that too has it's own process of validation.

So what to do in the mean time? Though setting this blog aside was ultimately the chosen path, it should have never been a choice to begin with. There is always plenty going on, even when there isn't new music to share. This blog is, as the header states, about me and my musical endeavors.

The most logical answer is to share more about me, my process, my background, my inspirations; Anything which can be informative, interesting or cathartic. For this, I have a plan, which appropriately will be the subject of my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment